Friday 18 August 2017

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our July 2017 challenge is

Christine Alexander

 From: 
www.itsacarddaysnight.blogspot.co.uk



Christine won the challenge with this beautiful card! We loved the gorgeous vintage look to the floral design, with an ethereal watercolour effect. Wonderful!







We asked Christine a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: I’ve been stamping and card making for about 12 years. Back in 2005 I went into a stamp store and watched someone heat emboss a card. Wow!  I thought that was so awesome, I just had to try it.


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A: I have a fairly eclectic collection of stamps but the mixed media backgrounds are probably being my favourites. I’m not sure if I have a favourite stamp company as I keep discovering new ones.

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: I’m a mostly a messy type of person with a clean up at the end. I love mixed media and now I’m discovering CAS Mixed Media.



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: Cards are my favourite but I’m starting to get interested in journaling and brush lettering, luckily there isn’t any extra expense!



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: Stencils, I love them, they are so versatile.



We also asked Christine to show us a favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes it so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:






"Both cards are mixed media. The first is a Penny Black stamp, this is the card where I discovered glass beads in gel medium. The second is my love of Bister (and now all powdered inks) It’s so pretty the way the Bister flows around the bubbles when spritzed with water. I still love both of these mediums and often pull them out to play with" - Christine



Congratulations on being our July Design Winner Christine , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

17 comments:

  1. Many Congratulations Christine. I am a big fan of your CAS mix media projects and always learn something when I pop into your blog. Great to find a little more about you too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Christine! Your winning entry is wonderful and your two favourite stamp creations are awesome! What a talented lady you are! It's nice to read about you too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Christine, your cards are amazing, and lovely to read a little bit of your crafting journey, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, I am so honoured to picked as a winner of my favorite magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Christine, stunning cards and a well deserved win!
    X Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Christine!!! LOVE your winning card and the sample cards too. You have a unique and creative style and I always learn things from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards are winners, Christine! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Christine! Love all of your cards here - you have a wonderful stamping style! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful interview with you, and great to see the cards you chose (and the one you won with). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. What a huge honor. Certainly well deserved. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Christine! This is a great honor, but you fully deserve it. I love your cards, I have long admired your creations. Thank you for so many great inspirations.
    BożenA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Christine for your winning card. It was so much fun reading your interview. Your mixed media CAS stamped cards are always so inspirational. Loved all 3 of your cards you shared. TFS my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Christine your card was a worthy winner and lovely to find out more about you. The other two cards are beautiful too. I have a soft spot for seahorses and love the bubbles and the patterns the Bister makes, then the second card with the pretty beads in gel medium on the flower heads works wonderfully, and a gorgeous background with the script and a fabulous mix of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't know how I missed this, but CONGRATS, Christine! Awesome cards. You definitely rock the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete